The Instagram story background is the most widely used feature to add a little variety to your story. We will look at the suggestions and tips to know how to change the background color on the Instagram story. You may have greater influence over how your followers will view your Instagram Story by changing the backdrop color.
You may choose a background color highlighting the message you want to convey to your followers. Do you want to change your Instagram background color? If you need clarification, here are simple ways to change the background color of an Instagram story.
1. How to change the background color of the Instagram story if it is a picture or video
Posting a picture on the Instagram story takes up all space, and the background remains blank. We can change the background with the draw tool.
- First, open the Instagram app, and tap on your story on the top left side; after that, post a picture or video you would like to post.
- Secondly, click on the top right corner of the story that shows three dots and tap the draw icon.
- Thirdly, the toolbar will appear at the top and bottom. Then you can see the sign like a pencil on the left side of the bottom toolbar. In the last, select a color and make your story attractive.
- Tap and hold your finger on the screen and choose the color you like; after a second screen will fill with the color you choose.
- Lastly, click on the top toolbar if you want to erase something or erase that portion covering your photo or video.
- You can tap the button undone on the top left side when all your edits go messy.
- When you set all your settings, you can also add stickers or captions that you want to add.
2. How to change the background color of an Instagram story by creating a tool
Create tool is another best method to change your Instagram story background color. This is a different tool in which you cannot add pictures or videos, but you can use templates to add pools, GIFs, and more.
Moreover, you can change the background color of the Instagram story by the left-side option with a different background color.
- Open your Instagram account, then swipe left to open the camera; then, you can see the tool Aa create on the left side and select that option.
- After that, you can see a page showing many story templates. Youcan choose which you like most and which makes your story elegant.
- Moreover, you can see a bubble below the right corner which is used to change the background colors; as you tap on the bubble, the color of your background will change.
- Once you choose your favorite template color for the story, then your post is ready to post.
3. How to change the background color without covering the photo or video
If you want to change the background color without covering the photo or video, you first need to change the background color:
- First, open your Instagram story.
- Take a random photo, then add color to the backdrop.
- If you want to save your picture, tap on the arrow button and if you want to delete your picture, tap on the cross sign.
- Swipe up to open the camera roll and select a colorful picture of your choice.
- You can select the sticker from the drop-down menu.
- Put your finger on the photo sticker.
- Select your photo or video.
- Now you can see your photo is showing above the background
4. Change your Instagram story background color to solid
This is an easy and quick way to change the Instagram story background to solid color. You just need to follow some steps that are given below:
- Select a picture from the camera roll, then upload a picture.
- Tap on the pen tool.
- Then at the bottom left side, many colors are shown; you can select the color of your choice, or you can use the dropper tool to make your stories more unique.
- You must keep your finger on the pen tool and then hold on and move to the center of your background, and it will change into solid color
5. How to change the background color when sharing a post
How can you change the background color when you share a post on the story? Here are some points you should keep in mind:
- First, you need to share a post that you want to post from your feed.
- After that, move the post to the left side of the screen.
- Then from the above template, select the sticker button.
- From the drop-down, select the photo sticker.
- Then add the photo to the background.
- Large the image of the background so that it can cover the whole background of the story.
- You should keep your thumb on the post and two fingers on the backdrop image.
- While holding your thumb on a post, you should move the background image with two fingers so it can come under the post.
- This is the easiest and quickest way to post your favorite content on story-sharing Instagram videos and reels.
Above as you can see, we have discussed the different ways to change the background of Instagram stories. Now you are excited to make your stories more interesting, creative, and unique using the tools.
There are many reasons you want some changes in your Instagram background story, and the most important reason is creating branded Instagram highlight covers.
Also, you may want your Instagram personal brand organized and creative with a minor splash of eye-catching colors for viewers.
Now you know how to make your IG story background more unique using simple tools. So, you are ready to take over the social media world with your tips and tricks.