We are sure that you know about the Apple company. However, do you know that the organization holds a total turnover of 141.25 billion dollars?
The main secret of success lies within the top-notch marketing, enhanced goodwill, and useful and appealing features iPhone provides to its users, out of which the features of hiding app stand out from the rest.
So, what is this feature? And how to unhide apps on iPhone? Stay tuned; this article will let you know about it all. So, without any further discussion, let us start with the article. Please have a look.
Table of Contents
All You Need To Know About Hidden Apps On Your Phone
The forthcoming content will let you know how to unhide apps on your iPhone, along with other essential information
What Are Hidden Apps On iPhone?
Before we get into the answer: How to unhide apps on an iPhone, we must explain what hidden apps are to eliminate any possible confusion.
That said, apple allows all iPhone users to hide applications pre-installed on their phones.
These applications are hidden similarly to any third-party application getting deleted. However, they don’t get deleted. Instead, their icons are hidden from your screen. Plus, the app data is secured as well.
You can easily hide any pre-installed applications on iPhone in a very simple way. All you need to do is, navigate to the home screen and tap on the icon of that app you wish to hide. Next, the phone will open an Action Menu for you, displaying multiple options. Select Delete App from them. Repeat the process on your phone for all stock applications you don’t want. And if you wish to get those apps back in the future, you can do it by re-downloading the app via the apple app Store.
Remember, if the option of Delete App does not appear in front of any app, such as the camera app, you can not delete or hide it. Here is the step-by-step guide.
- Navigate to the app store app
- Tap on your profile photo or the account button. Or you can also tap at the initials displayed on the top of your mobile screen.
- If you use sharing or family account, tap on My Purchases
- Find the application you wish to obtain, swipe left on it, and tap Hide.
- Lastly, tap on the option that says: Done. And voila, you are all done
How To Unhide Apps On iPhone
Accidents happen in all possible ways. Hence people may sometimes hide apps on iPhone that they know that you know what hidden apps are and are also aware of its hiding process. It is time to discuss the answer: How to unhide apps on iPhone. So many of the apps that you have deleted from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch will not automatically reappear on your home screen when you unhide it. Instead, you must re-download the app from Apple’s app store. However, you don’t have to buy it again if it is a paid application.
You can get this task done in simple steps. Just follow the below-mentioned guide.
How To Unhide Apps On iPhone – Step By Step Guide
- Navigate to the app store and
- Tap on your account button where your profile picture is displayed. Or you can also tap on the initials of your account that are displayed on top of the screen
- Scroll down until you find an option saying: Hidden Purchase
- Now, a long list of all the hidden iPhone apps will appear in front of you. So, scroll it again until you encounter that app you wish to unhide.
- Next, tap on the Account Settings and Done to return to the app store
- Search for the app and tap on the download button. And that is it; you have just unhide a hidden application on your iPhone
What Happens When You Hide An Application On Your Purchase List
When you hide an application on your iPhone purchase list, it no longer gets displayed in the list of your purchased applications on the apple app Store. However, It does appear in your complete purchase history in the Settings tab.
Hence it becomes crucial for a person to know how to hide and unhide apps on iPhone if they use a family account.
The Bottom Line
In a nutshell, how to hide and how to unhide apps on iPhone are two questions that are the two most frequently asked questions when it comes to apple phones.
The same is why we have formed this article that will inform you about the hiding process and teach you how to unhide apps on your phone so that you can ignore any unease in the long run.