How To Delete A Youtube Channel: 2 Method Approach
Deleting a YouTube channel might seem daunting, but surprisingly it is very easy. A person can delete their YouTube channel in not more than 10 minutes. You can opt to temporarily hide content on your channel or even permanently delete your channel altogether. Please keep in mind that hiding or deleting a YouTube channel will mean an irreversible deletion of all Community posts, comments, and replies. In order to learn how to delete a Youtube channel, you can follow the given steps:
How To Delete A YouTube Channel: 2 Methods To Follow
Method 1: Hide your channel temporarily
If you want to hide content from your YouTube channel, you can always choose to re-enable it later. When you hide content, your channel name, videos, likes, subscriptions, and subscribers in a temporary manner, your profile will be made private.
Then, all your comments and replies will be permanently deleted. However, your account data on other Google properties will not be removed. Here is how you can hide your channel or hide your channel’s content:
- On your computer, ensure that you’re signed in to YouTube with the channel you want to hide.
- Head over to advanced account settings. You can head to advanced settings at any time by following these steps:
- Over at the top right, click your account > Settings or .
- In the bottom left hand corner, click on Advanced Settings.
- At the bottom, click on Delete channel.
- Keep in mind, this will take you to a page where you can delete or hide your channel. You may be asked to enter your sign-in details.
- Click on “I want to hide my channel” or “I want to hide my content”.
- Tap on the boxes to confirm what will be hidden on your channel.
- Select Hide my channel.
If you want to make your content open and accessible to others, or if you want to upload, comment, or use playlists, you can always re-enable the channel.
Method 2: Delete your channel permanently
Ending your YouTube channel will permanently delete your content, including videos, comments, messages, playlists, and history. Keep in mind that you can’t delete a channel on mobile devices right now. Follow these steps to delete your YouTube channel:
- On a desktop or laptop, make sure you’re signed in to YouTube with the channel you want to delete.
- Go to your advanced account settings. You can also head to advanced account settings at any time by following these steps:
- On the top right, click your account > YouTube settings .
- Under “Account settings,” select Overview.
- Under the channel’s name, select Advanced.
- At the bottom, head to the Delete channel (you may see Delete content instead). If prompted, enter your sign-in details.
- Click on I want to permanently delete my content.
- Tap on the boxes to confirm you want to delete your channel.
- Click on Delete my channel (you may see Delete my content instead).
- Only tap this button when you are sure about deleting the YouTube account.
The update may take a while, so you might continue to investigate if you see thumbnails of your videos on the site or not. A notice will appear with a message that your account has been deleted. So, you will be automatically signed out from your previous account.
These steps will only delete your YouTube channel, not your Google Account that you used to sign in with. Otherwise, your best bet is to learn how to delete your entire Google Account. Alternatively, the data associated with the channel, such as Watch time, will still be part of aggregate reports, but will not be attributed to the deleted channel. Aside from this, the channel URL and channel name will no longer be visible or searchable in YouTube Analytics.