If your life is social media and you’re all about pursuing being an influencer as a career, then the Amazon Influencer Program is something you should be paying attention to. This initiative started so that influencers can get a commission on products that are sold.
As a seller, the Amazon Influencer Program allows for cost-efficient marketing and helps towards reaching potential customers that may be interested in your product. Sellers can also take a more focused approach by working with the right influencers to advertise their products on platforms such as Instagram.
You can check out more details about the Amazon Influencer Program here.
Table of Contents
Learn About Amazon Influencer Program
How Does The Amazon Influencer Program Work?
The Amazon Influencer Program helps you to get your own page on Amazon with an exclusive vanity URL to showcase the products that you want to recommend to your followers.
As you promote your URL, it makes it easier for your followers to shop and earn money on qualifying purchases while doing it:
- It’s pretty similar to Amazon Affiliate in the sense that users can build links and shopping ads, and then integrate them into their own websites or blogs.
- When people click on your link and buy a product, the affiliate gets a commission on the product, the amount of which depends on what type of product was sold.
- Everybody who is interested can sign up and get started, which is the biggest differentiation between that and Amazon’s Influencer Program.
Who Qualifies For This Program?
Influencers across any category can qualify but as of now, you must have a YouTube, Instagram, Twitter or Facebook account to qualify. Amazon will look at the number of followers and other engagement metrics of your social media presence.
There’s no guarantee they’ll get into the program. If you don’t qualify right away, Amazon encourages you to come back in the future as the eligibility requirements may change eventually. They have to meet certain criteria for acceptance, some of which include:
- Have a large following, as Amazon says it’s looking for influencers that range across a large spectrum of tiers and categories.
- Engagement with fans with posts, and how many/which social media platforms they engage on. No hard-and-fast numbers count, but it’s rather that Amazon wants to see you have a noticeable presence and that you make it a commitment.
- Your content is of a high standard. High content influencers who post quality material, and not just trolling comments are valued by Amazon.
- Lastly, they also want to see that there’s relevance for themselves. Amazon should see that the influencer chosen will also benefit Amazon, as it’s a two-way street.
How Is This Different From Amazon Associates?
Amazon’s Influencer Program is an extension of the existing online Associates program for social media influencers. With it, you get your own page on Amazon with a URL to showcase the products you recommend to your followers. Amazon’s Influencer Program also gives you an additional way to direct traffic to Amazon, which is especially useful where hyperlinking isn’t possible (e.g. Instagram captions or video content.)